Award-winning author Marie Harte has been writing professionally since 2005. She’s both a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author and has written over 110 books and counting. Marie writes books with heat and humor.
SM Harte is a new pseudonym which will write books in the urban fantasy and fantasy romance genres. The same author, but the author’s voice will be slightly darker for SM.
Marie writes independently and has books with several publishers, to include Sourcebooks, Dreamscape, and Entangled. She writes contemporary and paranormal romance as well as romantic suspense and scifi romance. Basically, everything romance with a touch of spice.
Before turning to writing full-time, she earned a B.A. in English from Pennsylvania State University, spent several years in the United States Marine Corps as a communications officer, and worked for several companies in logistics and IT.
Marie currently lives in Central Oregon with her family. There’s nothing she likes more than finding a good book to read and a great cup of coffee to drink.
Marie is currently represented by Nicole Resciniti of the Seymour Agency.
The Facts According to Marie:
- I’m a mood reader. If I read a book with a bad ending, it throws me into a funk for days.
- If it’s paranormal, I’m digging it.
- I majored in English and have yet to read Jane Austen. Seriously. *I hang my head in shame*
- I’m naturally lazy but perform best under deadlines.
- I’ve fired a 9mm pistol, a Squad Automatic Weapon, an M16A2 rifle, an M203 grenade launcher, and have thrown live grenades. And I loved it!
- Grammar is my rock. I respect those who know when to use their, there, and they’re correctly.
- I’m definitely a night owl.
- Long live the Oxford comma.
- I love books. I’ll read until they bury me, and then I’ll haunt libraries.
- I can’t write to music or television. I need perfect quiet.